April 10, 2010

Maybe...maybe not

May
Can
Might
Could
Maybe
Probably

Examples:

1. We can go to Korea next month.
2. I may be going surfing this weekend if the weather is nice.
3. Don’t forget your umbrella! It looks like it might rain.
4. Maybe you shouldn’t eat dessert. You look really full.
5. I could come pick you up from the station if you want.
6. Sharon probably won’t come camping because she is sick.

Practice:

A. If you _______, why don’t you come fishing with us this weekend?
B. Oh, I _______ go fishing, but I always get bug bites.
A. _______ you should use bug repellent.
B. The bug repellent _______ give me a rash.
A. Okay, _______ you shouldn’t come then.

A. I’m free this weekend so we _______ go to Enoshima!
B. The weather forecast said it _______ rain Saturday.
A. Okay then we _______ go on Sunday.
B. I’m _______ free on Sunday so let’s go!
A. Alright!

A. I _______ help you carry your bags to the airport.
B. Thank you. They’re _______ too heavy for me.
A. I’m _______ strong enough. Let me try… I _______ do it!

アロハ 英会話 in 吉祥寺 for 大人 and こども plus サマーファン in ハワイ for キッズ! CHECK IT OUT! Much Mahalos!
Follow us on Twitter--> www.twitter.com/AlohaEikaiwa ア~~~ロハ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home