July 15, 2009

can, might, will, should, could, would, must

can
might
will
should
could
would
must

These words have all different meanings and ways to use them.
Let's go over some examples:

1. I go to the beach.
Going to the beach is something I normally do.

2. I can go to the beach.
I have the means and/or the way to go.

3. I might go to the beach.
Maybe I will go; maybe I wont.

4. I will go to the beach.
I resolve to go at a later time.

5. I should go to the beach.
It is required, and I expect to go.

6. I could go to the beach.
If I have nothing else to do, I might go.

7. I would go to the beach...
If I had time (but I don't)...

8. I must go to the beach!
I am required and I will go!

*I recommend using a dictionary for the words in RED

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home